The information and materials on this website are provided merely as a convenience. McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC and McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLP (jointly referred to as “McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce”) does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein. This website and its contents are provided “as is” without warranties of any kind. McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce makes no guarantees as to this website’s security status, including viruses, bugs or other technology issues.
Applicability and Updates
No Attorney-Client Relationship; No Legal Advice
Transmission of information from this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. This website and the information contained herein are not, and should not, be considered legal advice and should not be relied upon as such.
Use of the Sites
Materials and information on McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce’s Sites are intended for personal use. The user is responsible for adhering to any trademark, copyright or other proprietary controls surrounding such information. Links to this website and the use of McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce materials or logo is not permitted without McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce’s prior explicit written consent. All materials contained on the Sites and all intellectual property rights thereto, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names and trade dress, are owned by McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce or its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. By using the Sites, you agree not to copy, reproduce, republish, transmit, modify, or distribute any of the materials contained on the Sites, except for your personal, noncommercial use.
Information Collection and Use
Although typically our website can be visited, and most functions used, without revealing any information about yourself, there are times where we ask for personally identifiable information from you, such as your name, company, email address, phone number, and address. We may request this information for the purpose of general correspondence with you, to provide you with a subscription to a newsletter or publication, to notify you about events, or to otherwise respond to requests you send to us. As applicable, our website will differentiate between personal data fields that are optional to be completed and those that are required in order to obtain the requested information.
Personal Information You Provide and Our Use of It
You may choose to provide personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) through our Sites. You may choose to provide this information through our Sites for the following purposes:
- To register for McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce sponsored events
- We use your provided information to register you for the event and contact you about changes and updates regarding the event. We also may use the information to communicate with you about other events and topics that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To receive News, Alerts and Publications from McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce
- We use your provided information to send you the communications you request. We also may use the information to communicate with you about other topics that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To submit comments to McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce Blogs
- We may use your name to identify you as a commenter. We use your provided information to send you the information you request and to communicate with you in connection with our blogs.
- Contact Us
- If you communicate with us through the “Contact Us” link on our Sites, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address and telephone number so we can respond to your questions and comments. We also may use the information you provide to communicate with you about topics that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To use other Site features
- Our Sites offer various features, which we may change from time to time. We may ask you to submit certain personal information so we can provide you with and communicate with you about these features.
- Other Uses of Information
- We may use the personal information you provide on the Sites for our internal purposes. These purposes include administration of the Sites, market research, data analytics and compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures.
Personal Information We Collect by Automated Means
We collect certain information by automated means when you visit our Sites, such as how many users visited our Sites and the pages accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor the Sites to our visitors. We collect this information through various means such as “cookies,” “web beacons” and IP addresses, as explained below. Your use of the Sites constitutes consent to McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce’s collection and use of personal data as outlined herein.
- Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our site features.
- Web Beacons
- Certain pages on our Sites may contain “web beacons” (also know as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party.
- IP Addresses
- An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Sites, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors originate. We also may use this information to enhance our Sites.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for the Sites designed to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information we collect through our Sites. Please note, however, that McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce via the website or email. Neither is McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce responsible or liable for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
Information We Share
Information We Transfer
We may transfer the personal information we collect through the Sites to other countries where we do business, which may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you reside. We have taken steps to provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with European data protection law in cases of transfers from Europe to third countries.
Links to Other Sites
By using our Sites, you hereby agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, its subsidiaries, affiliates, attorneys, consultants and agents, from any claims, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from your failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions of use of this website, and/or from your posting or use of materials on this website. Please contact McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce if you have any questions regarding your obligations under this provision.
Access and Correction
To the extent required by law, we provide users with (i) reasonable access to the personal information they provide through the Sites, and (ii) the ability to review, correct and delete such personal information. To help protect your privacy, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information.
Right to Opt-Out
If you would like to update your contact information or preferences, or have your information removed from our mailing lists, please contact us by emailing us at: ClientCommunication@mccalla.com or writing us at: McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, 1544 Old Alabama Road, Roswell, GA 30076, Attn: Office of General Counsel.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), California residents receive certain rights with respect to their personal information, as described below. These rights are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions more fully set forth in the CCPA. California residents have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment from us for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
Right to know about personal information collected, disclosed, or sold.
Each California resident has the right to request, subject to certain exceptions described in the CCPA, that we disclose to that resident:
- the categories of personal information we have collected about them,
- the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected,
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information,
- the categories of third parties with whom we have shared the personal information, and
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them (collectively, a “Request to Know”).
To make such a Request to Know, you can either call us at (770) 643-7200 or contact us at the address listed under the “Contact Us” section below.
We do not sell your personal information as defined under the CCPA or share your personal information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes and we do not have actual knowledge that we sell or share the personal information of consumers under 16 years of age. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes other than those permitted purposes specifically identified in the CCPA and its implementing regulations.
Each California resident has the right to request the deletion of their personal information that we collect or maintain (a “Request to Delete”), subject to certain exceptions set forth in the CCPA. To make such a Request to Delete, you can call us at (770) 643-7200 or contact us at the address listed under the “Contact Us” section below.
Each California resident has the right to request the correction of any inaccurate personal information that we maintain (a “Request to Correct”), subject to certain exceptions set forth in the CCPA. To make such a Request to Correct, you can either call us at (770) 643-7200 or contact us at the address listed under the “Contact Us” section below.
In order to protect your privacy and security, prior to completing any Request to Know, Request to Delete or Request to Correct that you may submit, we must verify your identity. We will verify your identity by asking you to provide certain data that we have already collected from you to confirm that they match our records. In certain instances, additional verification steps may be required.
California residents have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on their behalf. Prior to completing a request made by such an authorized agent, we require that you provide your authorized agent with written permission to submit such a request and require that you or your authorized agent provide us with a copy of such written permission. Additionally, we require that you verify your identity pursuant to the procedure described above.
Your personal information will be retained in accordance with our Retention Policy.
We retain personal information of different types, or relating to different categories of people, for different periods, taking into account its business purpose.
Governing Law and Forum
McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce lawyers are admitted to practice in the jurisdictions listed on their individual resumes. By appearing on this website, McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce lawyers do not solicit, target, or advertise for legal employment in any jurisdiction other than where the lawyer is admitted to practice law. The listing of an area of practice by a McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce lawyer does not indicate any certification or expertise therein. This website may be considered advertising in your jurisdiction.
To the extent the State Bar Rules in your jurisdiction require us to designate a principal office and/or single lawyer responsible for this website, McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce designates its office in Roswell, Georgia as its principal office and designates Elizabeth M DeSilva Esq., as General Counsel as the lawyer responsible for the website.
Disclosures and Disclaimers
In accordance with applicable state Rules of Professional Conduct in which McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce attorneys practice, you are advised that no representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.
McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) years old. If we become aware that an individual under the age of thirteen (13) years old is submitting information without consent from their parent or legal guardian or as permitted under applicable law, we will delete the information as soon as possible from our database. If you believe or suspect we are collecting information about an individual under the age of thirteen (13) years old, please notify us immediately so that we may take appropriate action.
Limitations on Use
You are hereby notified that the owners of the email addresses published on this site do not wish to receive and you are prohibited from sending unsolicited commercial email messages for services or products to the email addresses provided on this site.
You are prohibited from attempting to interfere with the proper function of this site.
You are prohibited from forging any email addresses.
You are prohibited from framing any content of this website.
You are responsible for all damages and costs resulting from these actions in any way and from any illegal actions involving the website of McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce whether or not enumerated here. If you have any questions about your obligations set out here, you should contact McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce to clarify your questions.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about our information practices, please contact us by writing us at: McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, 1544 Old Alabama Road, Roswell, GA 30076 Attn: Office of General Counsel.
McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce claims a copyright to the material on this website. You may use this material only for personal informational purposes. If you wish to use the material for any other purposes, you must have the expressed consent of McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce to do so. All rights reserved. Copyright 2015 – 2023.